Date:      Sun, 23 Jul 2000 14:42:07 -0700
From:      "Chris Handy" <chris@chrishandy.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   can't get ps/2 mouse to work...

Hi all, hope this isn't incredibly trivial, but I've tried all I can think
to do.
Ver. 4.0 - RELEASE
I have a ps/2 mouse attached to my comp and it's being recognised at start
up - '/dev/psm0 irq12 ...' but I can't get it to function. I try and
'startx' and it says '/dev/psm0 not configured'. 'cat < /dev/psm0' yeilds
the same thing.

Just to try something, I put 'di psm0' in the kernel.conf file and didn't
get any boot message other then 'config> psm0' , though I was able to get X
started but still no mouse functionality. 'cat < /dev/psm0' still yeilds not
configured messages. I have not tried to update any of the drivers.

I know the mouse is good, and have tried other mice.That machine was a linux
box and it worked fine there.  Any ideas?

Thanks