Date:      Tue, 18 Sep 2012 13:24:55 +0200
From:      Olivier Smedts <olivier@gid0.org>
To:        Charles Sprickman <spork@bway.net>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: zpool add log to root pool

2012/9/17 Charles Sprickman <spork@bway.net>:
> On Sep 17, 2012, at 8:34 AM, Olivier Smedts wrote:
>> Is there anyone successfuly using a log device / zil on a root pool
>> under FreeBSD ?
>
> Mine works, but I've never been able to find any official confirmation from the -fs folks as to how "proper" or supported the configuration is.  Not too many other options on 1U boxes though really...

Thanks, I tried and it works for me :
# zpool set bootfs= tank
# zpool add tank log gpt/zil
# zpool set bootfs=tank/freebsd tank
Rebooted, seems to work... maybe the bootfs property check should be
disabled in the code ?

--
Olivier Smedts                                                 _
                                        ASCII ribbon campaign ( )

  "Il y a seulement 10 sortes de gens dans le monde :
  ceux qui comprennent le binaire,
  et ceux qui ne le comprennent pas."