Date:      Wed, 27 Aug 2003 12:47:51 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu>
To:        yannj@sfr.net (Yann)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem

> Firstly , excuse me for my bad english but I'm french student.
>
> I am installing an web test server with a FreeBSD 4-4 distribution, i
> install Mysql 4.0.14 and apache 1.3.23 successfully , but when I add
> (with pkg_add) php4
> apache doesn't want to run, and show this error
>
> Syntax error on line 237 of /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf:
> Cannot load /usr/local/libexec/apache/libphp4.so into server:
> /usr/local/libexec/apache/libphp4.so: Undefined symbol "nl_langinfo"
>
> I read the bug report http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=31806
> but, because i'm a beginner I had not understand the things to do.

Two things you need to do:
  One, break you lines in your message at around 70 characters.  It
  will make it much easier to respond from text based Email clients.

  Two, include in your message the contents of line 237 (plus maybe a
  few lines before and a few after) from /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf
  Since that is what it is complaining about, it could be essential
  for diagnosing the problem.

////jerry