Date:      Thu, 8 May 1997 21:40:36 -0500
From:      Tim Tsai <tim@futuresouth.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>, Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: if_de.c ????

> But for me, the $10,000 question now is: Now that Tim and Jaye have
> made so much noise about the difficulty of finding paid labor to hack
> on things like the de driver, are either of them actually going to
> follow through on this or was that all just about making noise and
> little else? ;-)

  Hey, I resemble that remark.

  We are buying the Intel boards and be done with it!  We've sent a de
board out to somebody (too lazy to see who it was) though.  Besides, it
looks like Matt *IS* intending to support the de boards on FreeBSD, so
perhaps whoever is working on this should coordinate with him.  I blame
this whole thing on Digital, really, for changing enough of the chip to
break things to start with.  :-)

  BTW, I did write to some of the consultants on the web page.  Nobody
replied.  Afraid it's too little too late for us on the de driver.  I will
know where to ask next time though!

  I think the moral of the story is to not trust the supported hardware
list and just buy whatever cdrom.com uses.

  Tim