Date:      Tue, 9 Jul 2013 16:18:08 -0700
From:      Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
To:        mexas@bristol.ac.uk
Cc:        freebsd-fortran@freebsd.org

On Tue, Jul 09, 2013 at 05:42:45PM +0100, Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
> Steve, you beat me to post the first message...

Well, I scan the email archives every few days, and I
was surprised to see a Fortran specific list.

> I suggested this list in:
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-doc/2013-June/022145.html
>
> In addition to the reasons in that post,
> here's one more: this list might
> be a better maintainer than ports@ for
> several fortran related ports.

The few ports that I use, which need Fortran, seem to just
work.  This is probably due to the backwards compatibility
of Fortran 2008 with F2003, F95, F90, and F77.  OpenMPI is
the only Fortran code that I routinely build outside of the
ports.

--
Steve