Date:      Fri, 18 Nov 2011 13:49:24 +0100
From:      Martin Matuska <mm@FreeBSD.org>
To:        =?UTF-8?B?UmFkaW8gbcWCb2R5Y2ggYmFuZHl0w7N3?= <radiomlodychbandytow@o2.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS version 30

On 18.11.2011 13:11, Radio młodych bandytów wrote:
> There was a rumour that Oracle was to open source the latest ZFS code
> after Solaris 11 release. Any news about it?

The source code released with Orace Solaris 11 does not contain any CDDL
code.
More information here: http://oss.oracle.com/systems-opensourcecode/

I personally do not believe that there will be any new release of ZFS
source code in the near future. This depends purely on Oracle.

We are currently cooperating with Illumos (http://www.illumos.org):
- Illumos has more ZFS developers than we do
- we have been importing bugfixes and new features from Illumos
- we have been reporting bugs and features from our development that
might be of value for Illumos

This way the code can be reviewed by more eyes and tested in by a
broader userbase.

--
Martin Matuska
FreeBSD committer