Date:      Thu, 11 Jul 96 22:02:36 EST
From:      "Nathan Melhorn" <n_melhor@Telebit.COM>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org (FreeBSD help)
Subject:   Adding devices to boot.flp

     I was fairly successful adding parallel port IoMega ZipDrive support
     to my kernel (access is OK, initial probing takes >1 minute). Now I'd
     like to put a FreeBSD distribution on a ZipDisk so I can install it at
     home (which only has a 28.8 modem). How would I get the install floppy
     so it could read the ZipDisk? I assume that means "making" a boot
     disk. Are there simpler/better ways?

     The driver (ppa3.c) is not part of un/official FreeBSD - I pulled it
     from someone's web page (and could send it or the page coordinates to
     whoever cares).

     -thanks, Nate Melhorn (n_melhor@chelmsford.telebit.com).