Date:      Wed, 9 Jun 1999 09:48:20 +0200
From:      Ladavac Marino <mladavac@metropolitan.at>
To:        'Bruce Pennypacker' <BruceP@msn.com>, Woody Carey <carey@roguewave.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: dual processor question

	[ML]  It does, but officially only in user space (I don't think
LinuxThreads-kernel space threads have made it into a release yet).
User space threads will not help you there because you still have just
one thread of execution as far as the kernel sees it, you just longjmp
in there a lot :(

	You will need to break the application into several processes in
order to use additional CPU's.  In fact, you can make all processes mmap
the file and synchronize via SYSV semaphores--porting to kernel
supported pthreads will then be trivial.