Date:      Tue, 21 Jan 2003 16:51:25 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        sam@errno.com
Cc:        bright@mu.org, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Alfre's malloc changes: the next step

In message: <072d01c2c1a7$0fbba490$52557f42@errno.com>
            "Sam Leffler" <sam@errno.com> writes:
: > Yes.  Leave it alone, people may be shocked, but it's the right thing.
:
: You cannot commit stuff like this w/o calling for a review.

Based on the feedback I've gotten so far, it looks like there's
widespread support for the backout + direction change.  The reason
there's support is that it has been thought out and is bulletproof,
not a one-off hack.  We've got to start using interfaces that are more
robust if we are to get the smp/kse work done.  While your changes are
well intentioned, they take us away from a robust interface to a
hackish one that is sufficeint, but unverifiable.

Warner