Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 1999 16:24:32 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        Spidey <beaupran@jsp.umontreal.ca>
Cc:        Nathan Ahlstrom <nrahlstr@winternet.com>, freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Mysterious reboots...

Spidey wrote:

>> Yes, it could be the cause.  Several weeks ago some other reported similar
>> problems and it was determined to the the splash screen code.   I thought
>> that there was a fix put in for this problem, but I am not sure.
>
> The fix is in -current? because I'm -stable here...

The fix has been put into stable too. I think the file affected is
/sys/i386/isa/vga_isa.c, I've got rev 1.1.2.2 and all is fine. Check the
cvs logs at

	http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/i386/isa/vga_isa.c

I beleive that is the correct URL anyway.

--
Ben Smithurst
ben@scientia.demon.co.uk

send a blank message to ben+pgp@scientia.demon.co.uk for PGP key