Date:      Tue, 19 Mar 2002 14:34:57 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Cc:        will@csociety.org
Subject:   XFree86-4.2.0 pkg binaries available..

I just did a build of the new XFree86-4.2.0 port.   I've left the
binaries at http://people.freebsd.org/~gallatin/XF86-4.2.alpha.bwx/

As the name implies, these binaries use bwx, so if you have an ancient
ev5, ev4, ev45, etc, don't bother to try them. (grep BWX
/var/run/dmesg.boot  and if you can run these, you'll see something like:
CPU: EV56 (21164A) major=7 minor=0 extensions=0x1<BWX>)

Also, these were built on a 4.5-stable machine with a world build Feb
10th.   They may or may not run on a 4.5-RELEASE box.  I have no easy
way of testing that.

Speaking of testing -- I have not tested them beyond running xterm, I
especially have _NOT_ yet tested the X server.  If these binaries blow
your machine up, please don't blame me.

Cheers,

Drew

PS:  If you are planning to build these yourself, you need to install
the imake-4 port/pkg.  If you use the imake from the XF86-336
distribution that comes with FreeBSD-4.x-RELEASE, the build will blow
up in interesting ways.