Date:      Wed, 23 Nov 2005 17:44:19 +0200
From:      Atanas Yankov <xds@LanGame.Net>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bge driver, how to increase performance?

for bge0
#ifconfig bge0 mtu 9000
N.B  MTU has to be consistent on LAN and you need Gigabit equipment that can handle jumbo frames
for fxp0
#ifconfig fxp0 link0

            Some chip revisions have loadable microcode which can be used to
            reduce the interrupt load on the host cpu.  Not all boards have
            microcode support.  Setting the link0 flag with ifconfig(8) will
            download the microcode to the chip if it is available.

for all system you cand try

net.inet.ip.fastforwarding=1

But do this carefully there some problems on 4.x with fastforwarding
feature and dummynet and dot.1q vlans on 5.x its seems to work :))

br,

CCNP Atanas Yankov
Network Administrator
AngelSoft Ltd.