Date:      Wed, 23 Jan 2002 08:52:58 +0100 (CET)
From:      sj@datanet.hu
To:        Robert Herrold <bobber@intense.net>
Cc:        Buliwyf McGraw <buliwyf@libertad.univalle.edu.co>, <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Creating users from the web

You may try another approach:

Build a simple cgi script that will put data about the new user
to a file or database.

Then make an entry in root's crontab to script regularly to
process the file or database mentioned above.

This way you don't need setu(g)id programs.

Of course, you need strong authentication and carefully
designed cgi script and a bullet-proof command involved from cron

SJ.