Date:      Tue, 03 Dec 2002 23:06:49 -0500
From:      David Loszewski <stealth215@attbi.com>
To:        mike <mike@unixhideout.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: More then 4 IDE devices in one FreeBSD server.

For what you're doing just get an IDE Raid controller card, then you'll
technically have 8 drives, 4 of which you can raid by hardware and
another 4 that you can raid by software.  They're not that expensive.
 Just make sure before you buy one that you check out the supported
hardware under your version of freebsd to make sure it is supported.

Dave