Date:      Wed, 30 Jun 1999 08:32:45 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.NoDak.edu>
To:        brich@apollo.gti.net, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATM and Lan Emulation Support

>  I've been looking FreeBSD support for ATM.  Upon looking through the ATM
>  support FreeBSD offers, I didn't see Lan Emulatin (LANE) support.

I agree with Thierry Herbelot's comments that ATM questions are more
likely be answered in the freebsd-atm mailling list and that there
is no known FreeBSD LANE, LANE/MPOA stack.

the LANE used in Linux is written by Marko Kiiskila <carnil@cs.tut.fi>
and has a Berkeley-style copyright. I do not know how difficult it
would be to integrate with the existing FreeBSD ATM code. it appears to
have been built on top of the free stack from DEC.

--mark.