Date:      Mon, 12 Nov 2001 17:05:18 -0800
From:      Fred Condo <fred@condo.chico.ca.us>
To:        Keven Swingle <swinglek@socantel.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: questions on install.

--On Monday 12 November 2001 19:26 -0500 Keven Swingle
<swinglek@socantel.net> wrote:

> I am trying to install freeBSD on my system and I am running into the
> following error message.
> The system that I am installing on is an older amdk6II 475 the current
> system config is windows NT 4.0 on disk 1
> and Redhat Linux on Disk 2, with bootmajic used as the boot loader. I am
> trying to install FreeBSD on a 175mb partition of free space on disk 2. I
> have created the following partitions
> 50 mb /
> 50 mb swap
> 75 mb /usr
> everything seems to go well until the file transfer when I recieve the
> following error.
> extracting /bin into /directiory
> "write failure on transfer (wrote 1 bytes of 240640 bytes)"
> what could be causing this error and how do I get around it ?

Sounds like your filesystem is filling up. You may not be able to do a full
install on such a small disk. Switch to the transcript screen with Alt-F2
to see the specific error message. Alt-F1 takes you back to the main screen.

--
Fred Condo - fred@condo.chico.ca.us
Repeal the DMCA. Stop censoring Felten & Ferguson.