Date:      Mon, 26 Jul 1999 14:57:04 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Rainer Frohnh fer <rfrohn@ibm.net>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem installing on AlphaStation 400 4/233

> =

> To take the first question further: How do I make FreeBSD take my
> keyboard input on the console? The "console" is already set correctly,
> it just doesn't take any input. Kernel parameter?

On the Multia, you need to set 'console' to 'serial'.  On any platform =

with a video card, it should be set to 'graphics'.

Also on the Multia, you need to enable a getty on the serial console; =

boot single-user and edit /etc/ttys.

-- =

\\  The mind's the standard       \\  Mike Smith
\\  of the man.                   \\  msmith@freebsd.org
\\    -- Joseph Merrick           \\  msmith@cdrom.com