Date:      Tue, 28 Oct 2008 13:20:32 +0100
From:      Klaus Espenlaub <Klaus.Espenlaub@Sun.COM>
To:        Adrian Penisoara <ady@freebsd.ady.ro>
Cc:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VirtualBox looks for FreeBSD developer

Adrian Penisoara wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   Can we get some details on how this effort is organized ? Other
> people might want to contribute (even testing or evaluating, if not
> otherwise), me included...

I haven't heard anything for weeks from the so far only person who
seemed capable of working on the kernel side of the problem. Which is
bad news, as that means absolutely nothing happened in the main problem
area. So people who can deal with kernel-level memory allocation (both
phsyical and virtual memory) and similar are invited to contact us.

We periodically get mail from people who think that getting a working
port is just fixing the bunch of trivial build problems. That's the
annoying part for us, as those contributors all too often don't realize
that it'd be much less work for us to fix those build issues ourselves
than to review the changes. However without getting the kernel driver
part in a better shape it's totally useless to have a perfectly clean build.

Sorry that I can't spend a lot of time looking into FreeBSD mailing
lists. If you have anything interesting make sure you put me in the CC.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention again,

Klaus