Date:      Sat, 14 Feb 2004 09:49:21 +1100
From:      Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
To:        John Merryweather Cooper <john_m_cooper@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Samba 3.0.2, when?

On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 10:02:42AM -0800, John Merryweather Cooper wrote:
> My bad . . .  It's 3.0.1_2 at the moment.
>
> Since 2.8.x is getting a little old in the tooth, when is samba-devel
> going to become samba?  It would seem to be a could time to update
> samba-devel and samba.

>From the samba announcement:

    This is the latest stable release of Samba. This is the version
    that all production Samba servers should be running for all
    current bug-fixes.

Maybe samba-devel should be copied to samba3 and samba renamed to
samba2. Or something. Anyway, it needs a WITH_PGSQL and WITH_MYSQL
knob :-)

Edwin, authenticating to a pgsql database!

--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org
edwin@mavetju.org    |          Weblog: http://weblog.barnet.com.au/edwin/