Date:      Tue, 20 Feb 2001 06:44:30 +0100
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
To:        Nigel Taylor <latifa@iinet.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cvsup and ports

-On [20010220 02:30], Nigel Taylor (latifa@iinet.net.au) wrote:
>I recently did a CVSUP on my ports because i wanted to install
>enlightenment did a make install and recieved the following error.
>
>Error: your port uses an old layout. Please update it to match this
>bsd.port.mk. If you have updated your ports collection via cvsup and
>are still getting this error, see Q12 and Q13 in the cvsup FAQ ob
>http://www.polstra.com for further information.

Please ask questions like this on the freebsd-questions mailinglist.

>Now i have done everything it has said, still get the same error

You obviously missed to do something. :)

Either:

1) make world

2) cd /usr/src/share/mk [after updating it]; make install

And that should fix things.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok vd Werven/Asmodai    asmodai@[wxs.nl|bart.nl|freebsd.org]
Documentation nutter/C-rated Coder BSD: Technical excellence at its best