Date:      Mon, 6 May 1996 10:18:39 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Branson Matheson <branson@longstreet.larc.nasa.gov>
To:        dwerthmu@ctg-nt.ctg.albany.edu (Derek Werthmuller)
Cc:        Questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Problems starting X11R6, mouse not configured

> I am using FreeBSD 2.0.5 on a ATT 486/66 pc.  The PC like must sold now
> has a ps/2 mouse.  When I installed the system I configured the mouse to
> be type ps/2 and to use the device /dev/psm0  . That didn't work.

 I assume that this is what is in the Pointer Section of
/etc/XF86Config:

Section "Pointer"
    Protocol    "microsoft"
    Device      "/dev/psm0"

If you specified /dev/mouse, you can make a link to it.  Is the psm
device showing up at boot?  You can check this with :

branson@garion >dmesg | grep psm

	 and you should see:

psm0 at 0x60-0x63 irq 12 on motherboard

 If you have both of these correct, you might want to look at the
options in the kernel:

# Options for psm:
options         PSM_NO_RESET

> What books would be best to use for managing this system ?

 Definiately look at Installing and Running FreeBSD, call Walnut Creek
and ask them for a copy as they are the publisher.

 -branson

branson matheson    |     branson@widomaker.com
Ferguson SysAdmin   |      http://widomaker.com/~branson