Date:      Thu, 30 Jul 2009 13:40:58 -0400
From:      PJ <af.gourmet@videotron.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   how to boot or access problem file system

What can be done to access a file system that seems to have the boot
sector screwed up?
The /usr files should be ok but how to access?
I get errors that the file system is full and I have no idea of how to
deal with the boot up - the help message is no help!
Boot says it cannot find a kernel... surely there must be some kind of
recovery process even if nothing has been backed up. Surely FreeBSD must
be have something that functions like certain software does on MS ?
I don't have a problem with irrecoverable files, I would just finally
understand how things work and what can be done on FBSD.
TIA.
PJ

--
Hervé Kempf: "Pour sauver la planète, sortez du capitalisme."
Phil Jourdan --- pj@ptahhotep.com