Date:      Thu, 06 Apr 1995 12:30:16 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@estienne.CS.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        Terry Lee <terryl@CS.Stanford.EDU>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: AHA-2940 boot prob. 950322-SNAP

>> The 950322-SNAP was released two days before I had my 48 hour spurt
>> of work on the driver.  The one in -current is rock solid as far as
>> the controllers go... I'm down to fixing device quirks now.  I would
>> suggest picking up the -current driver, but as a stopgap, this might
>
>Okay.  Is this what I need?
>
>gnu/misc/aic7xxx/*
>i386/scsi/aic7xxx.*
>pci/aic7870.c

 i386/isa/aic7770.c

>Is that all?  They I only need to recompile a new kernel?

I think this should fix it for you.  If for some reason your drive times
out (and is detected as a tagged queuing device), try disabling the
tagged queuing support.  Its just a couple #if 0's in i386/scsi/aic7xxx.c's
ahc_done routine where it looks at the inquiry data to see if the drive
can do tagged queueing.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
TCS Instructional Group - Programmer/Analyst 1