Date:      Wed, 7 Jul 1999 08:57:41 -0400
From:      Keith Stevenson <k.stevenson@louisville.edu>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Improved libcrypt ready for testing

On Wed, Jul 07, 1999 at 10:02:56PM +0930, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Jul 1999, Peter Wemm wrote:
>

> > I would suggest a /etc/crypt.conf or something that contains the prefix
> > and both a static and dynamic plugin.
>
> Hmm. This does sound like a good idea - it's much like the PAM system. The new
> libcrypt code is already very modular internally, so making it pluggable is
> the logical next step.

Actually, you may want to have a chat with Mark Murray before implementing a
new security-related config file.  I think that he plans to restart PAM
development soon, and this sounds like something that he might be interested
in.

Regards,
--Keith Stevenson--

--
Keith Stevenson
System Programmer - Data Center Services - University of Louisville