Date:      Tue, 26 Jan 1999 13:28:16 -0800 (PST)
From:      Steve Willoughby <steve@alchemy.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   X10 TW523 interface to FreeBSD xtend daemon?  How to wire to RS232?

Okay, it's probably simple, but I'm not sure how to wire my TW523
interface to my PC so I can use the FreeBSD xtend daemon with it.
The documentation from X10 seems to indicate that the 4 signals on
the RJ11 jack are more primitive than RS232 serial signals, so I'm
guessing I can't just wire them to TX, RX and ground on the PC.

I filled out a tech support question with X10 but haven't heard back
from them.  Anyone else have experience doing this?

Thanks,

Steve Willoughby
steve@alchemy.com