Date:      Wed, 13 Jun 2012 10:33:49 -0400
From:      Lynn Steven Killingsworth <blue.seahorse.syndicate@gmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   hwpstate0 set frequency err 6

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01CD4950.0626A660

Hi FreeBSD -

This is the fourth time I have installed FreeBSD while learning the in's and
out's.  I have a new mainboard this time (ASUS M5A97 EVO + AMD FX 8120.)

I have set up dual booting because of a few legacy apps.  When the boot of
OS gets to the login prompt I begin to get the error message 'hwpstate0 set
frequency err 6'

During installation my super-workstation started to run as though it were
getting the absolutely maximum stress test.  The fans on my new Corsair H80
started to whine as well.  The 'stress test' effect starts the three next
times I have booted so I am not booting into FreeBSD at the moment.

Any advice?

Thanks Lynn Steven Killingsworth

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01CD4950.0626A660--