Date:      Fri, 7 Dec 2001 21:53:31 -0700
From:      "Chad R. Larson" <chad@DCFinc.com>
To:        Tim Tretyak <timothy@umc.com.ua>
Subject:   Re: OpenOffice for FreeBSD

On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 12:00:22AM +0200, Tim Tretyak wrote:
> Chad R. Larson wrote:
>> What is the status of the native port of OpenOffice to
>> FreeBSD?  I know several people who are running StarOffice 5.2
>> or 6.0beta for Linux under the FreeBSD Linux emulator, but the
>> native port seems to be stalled.
>
> Sorry for my possible silence - OpenOffice FBSD port now under
> active development, but only by two developers - me and Carlos
> Pantiago (you can see his email in dev@ and porting@ mail list.
> All of as works for OO as hobby, and, in general, we don't have
> much time to spend for this.  :(

I've raised this issue on the FreeBSD mailing list, and at least
four people with experience in porting code across platforms have
expressed interest in helping out.

What would be the best way to get involved?  Try porting ourselves?
Work against your CVS repository?  Could you be coordinating the
efforts so as to minimize duplication of effort?

> Sorry for my bad english,

It's a lot better than my German.

> With best regards,
> Tim Tretyak

	-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL15)   602-953-1392   Brother, can you paradigm?
chad@dcfinc.com         chad@larsons.org          larson1@home.com