Date:      Fri, 23 May 1997 23:39:06 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Wes Peters <softweyr@xmission.com>
To:        Kurt Weiske <kweiske@macromedia.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Pentium II-266Mhz

Kurt Weiske writes:
 > I'm probably going to get a local bus machine next. If I can find VLB
 > cards, that is...
 >
 > (running 2.1.5-Release on a 386/33, humming along nicely...)

Got one - a DX2/66.  You won't believe how fast it is.  Sure beats my
other FreeBSD machine, a 386sx/16.

BTW, my 486 is soon going to be going the way of all good computer
hardware - to my sisters kids.  I've got a nice S3/805 VLB video card
(fast, flicker-free, and well supported by XF86) and an Adaptec 2742 VLB
SCSI master card that they really won't need.  If you're interested, I
could probably be talked into parting with them for fire sale prices.  I
still have the original packaging, drivers, etc. for the Adaptec, and
might be able to scare up the driver disk for the 805 card.