Date:      Wed, 5 May 1999 08:42:29 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Brian W. Buchanan" <brian@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        Intuitive Design Archives <archive@in-design.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Best Laptop for FreeBSD

On Wed, 5 May 1999, Intuitive Design Archives wrote:

> Hello all;
>
> 	I am thinking of buying a new laptop, and will install FreeBSD on
> it.  I was wondering which laptops work well with FreeBSD and has almost
> all support.

I have a Toshiba Libretto 110CT.  While it was pricy, I found it was the
best choice for me because it's so small and light that I can just slip it
into my backpack and take it anywhere.  With 2.2.8-PAO (I've not tried any
other versions), everything works fine (hibernation mode, XFree86, sound,
the integrated pointing device, etc.), with the exception of the IrDA
port, which FreeBSD does not currently support.  I use a LinkSys PCMCIA
ethernet card with it, and a cheap generic PCMCIA v.34 modem, both of
which PAO supports without complaint.  PAO also supports the Libretto's
PCMCIA floppy drive, and I believe -CURRENT and PAO3 do as well (Not sure
about straight -STABLE).

My only complaint is that FreeBSD stickers don't adhere well to the cover.

--
Brian Buchanan                                     brian@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU