Date:      Wed, 18 Oct 2000 06:44:47 -0500
From:      Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how do you close port 587: unknown service?

And, I would not necessarily recommend closing it off.  It seems that
with the new SMTP AUTH stuff, the difference between SUBMISSION (Port
587), and TRANSPORT (port 25) will be significant for antispam and
authentication reasons.

Larry Rosenman
* Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr> [001018 03:47]:

Larry Rosenman                      http://www.lerctr.org/~ler