Date:      Tue, 02 Feb 1999 23:02:02 PST
From:      "Lionel Echeverria" <leer10@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-QUESTIONS@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ports directory

Hi there!  I recently installed FreeBSD 2.2.8 on my PC from the CD-Rom
collection; therefore I also installed a few packages that should appear
in the /usr/ports directory.  However, while it appears that the
packages were installed, when I go to the /usr directory, the ports
directory does not appear to be there, so I can't configure things like
Mesa or Kde.  Also, when I run /stand/sysinstall, the packages appear
marked with an X, meaning that the packages were in fact installed, but
are nowhere to be found in the /usr directory.  Can you help me out with
this problem?  Thanks.

Sincerly,
Lionel Echeverrķa