Date:      Wed, 3 Apr 2002 17:13:00 +0200
From:      Sameh Ghane <sw@anthologeek.net>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
Cc:        will@csociety.org, mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bsd airtools for current, kernel patches

Le (On) Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 11:08:55AM -0700, M. Warner Losh ecrivit (wrote):
> : On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 12:14:53AM -0700, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> : > I'd like to commit this to -current this week.  It appears to work for
> : > my d-link card, but not my weirdo 3.3V SMC2603W card.
> : >
> : > 	http://people.freebsd.org/~imp/airtools.diff
> :
> : I've merged the patch.  Machine boots fine, wireless card comes
> : up, etc.  How do I test it for you?
>
> Build airtools and see if it works for your card?

Is there any chance to have this support for Aironet drivers too ? The only way
I can have similar tools for this card is to use Linux, at the moment, which is
sad.

Why is there no generic API for accessing wireless cards ? Are they all that
much different ?

Compared to other wireless NICs, cisco's Aironet are really powerful.
Unfortunately, it lacks all the tools Prism-based cards have.

Cheers,

--
Sameh