Date:      Sat, 01 Jan 2011 23:29:38 -0800
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@freebsd.org>
To:        Nima Khoramdin <nima.gooler@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPFW - NAT - two gateway -HELP

On 1/1/11 10:42 PM, Nima Khoramdin wrote:
> hello again
>
> ok Maybe I was wrong explain. I already have an ip address in my network is
> working with NAT ( nat to internal web server )  , i want to add another NIC
> with a new isp (IP) for backup, and new nat rule.
>
> how can i set two separated  gateways on freebsd.
>
> thanx

so, your addresses are NOT 172... and 10.....?

Assuming you have a way to get the externally sourced packets to your
interface, then you have a couple of options.
Firstly you will need to either use two natd instances, or single
natd using tow of the new 'instance' sections.

(quoting from the natd man page...)
        --------start quote-------
                  Options can be divided to several sections.  Each
section
                  applies to own natd instance.  This ability allows
to config-
                  ure one natd process for several NAT instances.  The
first
                  instance that always exists is a "default"
instance.  Each
                  another instance should begin with

                        instance instance_name

                  At the next should be placed a configuration
option.  Exam-
                  ple:

                        # default instance
                        port 8668
                        alias_address 158.152.17.1

                        # second instance
                        instance dsl1
                        port 8888
                        alias_address 192.168.0.1

                  Trailing spaces and empty lines are ignored.  A `#'
sign will
                  mark the rest of the line as a comment.

      -instance instancename
                  This option switches command line options processing
to con-
                  figure instance instancename (creating it if
necessary) till
                  the next -instance option or end of command line.
It is eas-
                  ier to set up multiple instances in the
configuration file
                  specified with the -config option rather than on a
command
                  line.

you can then use the ipfw 'fwd' command to decide which goes where
or alternatively, you can also use the new multiple routing table feature
to decide which sessions go to which gateway.