Date:      Wed, 19 May 1999 08:06:05 +1000 (EST)
From:      John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        obrien@NUXI.com
Cc:        jb@cimlogic.com.au, mike@smith.net.au, jkh@zippy.cdrom.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: a.out lib placment (was: 3.2-RELEASE and netscape problem.)

David O'Brien wrote:
> > > NOW if you look at the compat2{0,1} bits we shipped with 3.2, they
> > > install into /usr/lib/compat/.  Thus we have no consistancy.  So compat22
> > > is no more broken than ``make aout-to-elf''.
> >
> > I think you are abusing compat22 by adding the aout (legacy) stuff.
> > Why not just build a legacy library bundle and install it where it
> > belongs.
>
> Huh?  I don't follow you here.
> What non-a.out stuff should be in compat22?  The everything in the
> compat22 I made is a.out.

So you are just installing it in the wrong place then.

[ I haven't installed 3.2, so I haven't seen the problem. I'm responding
  to things people have _said_. ]

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137