Date:      Wed, 2 Jun 2004 15:44:03 -0500
From:      "Myers, Jeffrey" <jeffm@Sepro.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, <rseals@vdsi.net>
Subject:   Trying to get MapServer 4.0.1 compiled on FreeBSD 4.7

did you ever find a solution to this problem?  I have these libraries
installed on /usr/local/mapserver  .  The libgd.a/libgd.so are installed
in /usr.local/mapserver/lib and the gd.h is in /usr/local/mapser/include
When I compile mapserver I type ./configure
--with-gd=3D/usr/local/mapserver and I get the same error you described =
in
your thread.  Anyway please let me know if you've found a solution.
Thanks
Jeffy Myers
=20
=20
---------------
I'm trying to get MapServer 4.0.1 compiled on 4.7.  I have compiled and
installed gd-2.0.15.  When I perform a configure I get this error
message:

checking for GD 2.0.12 or higher...
checking for gdImageSetAntiAliased in -lgd... no
checking for gdImageSetAntiAliased in -lgd... (cached) no
configure: error: Could not find gd.h or libgd.a/libgd.so in /usr/local.
Make sure GD 2.0.12 or higher is compiled before calling configure.

When I do a locate or find for gd.h it finds it in /usr/local/include
and when I do a find or locate on libgd.a it finds it in /usr/local/lib

I would appreciate any suggestions at this point.

Ray