Date:      Fri, 26 May 2000 18:16:35 -0400
From:      Chuck McCrobie <mccrobi@aplcenMP.apl.jhu.edu>
To:        Zhihui Zhang <zzhang@cs.binghamton.edu>
Cc:        Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Opinion on File System Implementation

Zhihui Zhang wrote:

> On Fri, 26 May 2000, Robert Watson wrote:
As for UFS/FFS, that's upto someone else to figure out ;)  As for ODS-2,
this VOP_GETEXTATTR and VOP_SETEXTATTR would be the best choice.  In
ODS-2,
these attributes are stored as part of the "inode" (file header).

I believe that I will, however, have the file system perform the
appropriate
record minipulations - although for those record types/file types I
don't
support, it would make sense to expose the attributes via this
interface.  In
fact, it might make sense for a consistent presentation of attributes
for both
"supported" and unsupported attributes...

Thank you very much, I'll be checking out the new interfaces!