Date:      Tue, 16 Apr 2002 10:21:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      paleph@pacbell.net
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   problem building picobsd on 4.4 and 4.5

I am trying to build a picobsd disk (type: router)
on 4.4. I found that I needed to modify the
PICOBSD conf file:

device  miibus

This was because if_fxp.c needs miibus_if.h which is dynamically
created during the build of a freebsd kernel.

I am not sure if this is the correct approach to take to resolve
the missing include file. Has anyone else run across this problem?
If so, how did they resolve it.

On 4.5 I can not even get the build of picobsd to start.
When I execute the picobsd build file in ./release/picobsd/build/ ,
I find I am unable to set the Type parameters and the build immediately
fails.

Has anyone tried to build picobsd on a 4.5 system? Is there any magic
incantation needed?

Paul Fronberg
paleph@pacbell.net