Date:      Tue, 1 Nov 2005 12:15:32 -0500
From:      Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org,
Subject:   Re: Swap space

Lowell Gilbert writes:

>  The basic advice is quite sound, so I'll reiterate it: Provide
>  what you think you might ever need.

	Let me get behind Lowell on this bit. The box I am typing on
has 512 mb memory; because that may get bumped to 1 Gb it has 2 Gb
swap split over two disks.

>  If in doubt, err on the side of caution.

	In the current paradigm, disk space is dirt cheap - ~$0.60/Gb at
the first place I could find in my bookmarks.  If "out of memory" or
performance problems affect mission-critical work, then you need to
gum the bullet and get more disk space.

	One man's opinion,

				Robert Huff