Date:      Mon, 1 Dec 2003 16:13:58 -0800
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        John Wehle <john@feith.com>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hauppauge PVR-250 / 350 Driver

John Wehle wrote this message on Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 00:14 -0500:
> I have written a FreeBSD 4.9 driver for the Hauppauge PVR-250 / 350
> MPEG encoder cards which I'm happy to donate to the FreeBSD project

cool, good to hear about other people are interested in video stuff
on FreeBSD.   I was working on a -current driver for the DC-10+ card,
and decided to work on a general programming API for both programs
and hardware drivers.  (So that we stop cloning the terrible meteor
interface and introducing strange bugs in basic handling).

Do you have the specs for the card around? or pointers to them?

Take a look at:
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~jmg/videobsd.html
for more info on what I've cooked up so far on the subject.  Right now
it's just words, but I want to make sure some things are good and
complete before I start writing code to back it all.

Thanks, ttyl.

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579