Date:      Thu, 26 Jun 2014 11:38:33 -0400
From:      Anthony Jenkins <Anthony.B.Jenkins@att.net>
To:        Bykov Vladislav <envolyse@gmail.com>, freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Impossible shutdown

On 06/26/2014 11:23, Bykov Vladislav wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 07:44:35AM -0400, Anthony Jenkins wrote:
>> Here's a case where my patch to implement the SystemCMOS region handler
>> should help; it allows my HP Envy to power down and allows it to
>> suspend/resume except the LCD backlight doesn't come back when resuming.
>> Biggest problem with the patch IMHO is I'm stealing ("borrowing") from the
>> real time clock (RTC) I/O region, but I don't think we have an "actual"
>> FreeBSD driver for that.
> Thanks, everyting works fine now. Even suspend, except my video driver
> (xf86-video-intel) that goes mad, and after resume everything is laggy.
Hooray!  Maybe I can shove it into -CURRENT...
> 	info: [drm] Changing LVDS panel from (+hsync, -vsync) to (-hsync, -vsync)
> 	info: [drm] Changing LVDS panel from (-hsync, -vsync) to (+hsync, -vsync)
> 	error: [drm:pid1170:intel_lvds_enable] *ERROR* timed out waiting for panel to power off
>
> By the way, I've tried all suspend types, but only this correctly resume
> the system:
>
> 	/etc/rc.suspend apm 1
That's wierd (and also not weird).../etc/rc.suspend (at least on my -CURRENT r267519) doesn't even appear to use the '1' argument, and it's just calling /usr/sbin/zzz  with the 'apm' argument (which I believe still does an ACPI suspend).  My patch is an ACPI patch anyway.

People on this list have been wrangling with the Intel driver, there might be fixes for what you're seeing.

Anthony