Date:      11 Jul 1996 21:45:45 -0500
From:      Zach Heilig <zach@blizzard.gaffaneys.com>
To:        zounds@INNOSOFT.COM
Cc:        "Mike K." <root@synwork.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mouse Outside of X

zounds@INNOSOFT.COM writes:

> On Thu, 11 Jul 1996, Mike K. wrote:

> > Is there a way to use my mouse outside of X.  It would be nice to be able
> > to cut/copy/paste in my shell.  I know when I ran Linux, mouse was
> > available from the shell.  TIA

> You werent running the shell when you were using the mouse in linux

Actually, from what I saw from my friends screen (he seems to like
Linux..), the functionality is in the console driver.  The button
mappings were the same as you'd expect under X.

I noticed in a different reply that this is supposed to go into 2.2.
Will the mouse give xterm-like events, so my emacs menu's will work
:-) or would that be impossible? (I am currently unable to run X, it
has something to do with disk space, and non-VGA display hardware)..

--
Zach Heilig (zach@blizzard.gaffaneys.com)
Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have!