Date:      Mon, 15 Jul 1996 01:23:34 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Matthew Stein <matt@bdd.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Quickcam driver help?

I've been struggling with the Connectix Quickcam driver for a little
while, and was wondering if anyone has any tips that might help getting it
to work.  Right now, my lpt0 comes up alright, and is fully functional,
but the Quickcam driver doesn't.  Here's the boot log.

lpt0 at 0x378-0x37f irq 7 on isa
lpt0: Interrupt-driven port
qcam0 not found at 0x378

I know that it's functional because running Windows on the same machine,
worked fine with the quickcam.  Here's the two kernel config lines that
apply.

# device          lpt0    at isa? port? tty irq 7 vector lptintr
device          qcam0   at isa? port "IO_LPT1" conflicts tty

What should I be looking for here?  I've tried many combinations of BIOS
setting for the port, and keeping the printer port in and out.

Ideas?

--
mat.

| Network Design                                 phone:  +1 519 823-8577 |
| ButtonDown Digital                               fax:  +1 519 823-9556 |