Date:      Wed, 3 Nov 1999 11:34:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de (Ariel Burbaickij)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG

> What is the usual response time in this mailing list?I am becoming
> somehow uneasy left completly alone :)) with the monster(aka my printer)

Response time varies depending on the issue and the skills of the
people who are reading the list at the moment.

My personal rule of thumb is: wait three days, then look at your prior
message.  Did you provide all the information you had? Were you
polite, or might your earlier message have inadvertently pissed off
people?  Is it something that there are other resources available to solve?

IMHO, most unanswered mail falls in one of these three categories.

Now, I haven't seen your earlier reply; I spent the last week in NYC,
and deleted my -questions queue unread.  I will ask two things:

1) Are you using apsfilter (/usr/ports/print/apsfilter)?  This has
solved *all* of my printing problems!

2) Have you used the other FreeBSD resources to solve your problem?
If you're not sure, check out
http://www.blackhelicopters.org/~dispatch/bsd-self-help.html for a
FreeBSD problem-solving resource tutorial.

==ml