Date:      Sun, 25 Aug 2019 10:52:01 -0400
From:      Brian Stone <brian.stone@pcguide.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Broken Link Detected on people.freebsd.org

Hi there,

Just want to check if you have noticed the broken link on your site.

Please let me know if you need any help. Looking forward to hearing from
you.

Regards,

Brian

*Brian Stone*Founder
https://www.pcguide.com/
<http://w1.msdzgg.net/prod/376d1c52-eafd-4169-895b-6cac013075b1/8a57f508-87=
72-4530-bcff-3b1b73b5eed8>
[image: PCGuide]

On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 5:54 PM "Brian Stone" <brian.stone@pcguide.com>
wrote:

Hi there,

I=E2=80=99m Brian from PCGuide. I noticed that you have a broken link to
www.geocities.com in your article:
https://people.freebsd.org/~fenner/portsurvey/site/.

Unfortunately, Geocities was shut down in 2009 and the site you linked to
was also deleted. See the news here
<http://tracking.pcguide.com/prod/b771a08a-7b36-4122-8876-7fbb9cec6493/a6ad=
7771-e294-4f92-954c-a41ec9750656>

Considering that, I decided to publish this article: =E2=80=9CGeoCities =E2=
=80=93 What Is
It and What Happened to It?
<http://tracking.pcguide.com/prod/b771a08a-7b36-4122-8876-7fbb9cec6493/e425=
dedf-4708-442c-8d4f-046bc1a652fd>=E2=80=9D
and I believe it will be a great replacement.

In this article, I=E2=80=99ve covered:

   -

   What Is GeoCities?
   -

   What Happened to GeoCities, an internet history in the 90s?
   -

   Alternatives to Geocities in this 2019

I=E2=80=99d be highly appreciated if you can spend a bit of your time to re=
ad my
article and afterward, it=E2=80=99s up to you to decide whether you want to=
 swap
the link or not. :D

Please let me know if you have any questions and thanks for your
consideration!