Date:      Tue, 23 May 1995 14:14:23 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@trout.sri.MT.net>
To:        brian@mediacity.com (Brian Litzinger), Dick@Seaman.Chenequa.WI.US
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Cyclades Driver/Multi-port Serial Card

> I wrote cyb which is not alpha.  It is production and in use by ISPs
> all over the place.  I submitted to FreeBSD several times, but it has
> never been integrated into the distribution.  I've asked several times
> about it and got no response.

I think the lack of response is not in any way representative of a lack
of interest in your driver as much as lack of time.  *All* of the
FreeBSD folks are extremely busy right now, and because of the 2.0.5
release we are in short-term code-freeze which should lift as soon as
the release is cut.

In the meantime, be a bit patient with the members of the team as they are
overworked and underpaid. ;-)

After the 2.0.5 release would be a good time to bring up a pointer to your
driver.

Nate