Date:      Tue, 1 Dec 1998 23:59:32 -0800 (PST)
From:      rick hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
To:        Donald C Kressman <dkressman@foxinternet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Lost

>     Is your system a DOS type OS, a Windows 95 type OS or what. I am
> running Windows 95 right now but if I could find an OS that wouldn't
> give me error messages saying I have committed an illegal function every
> time I am sitting there waiting for a program to load, well. In my
> imagination only I keep thinking Microsoft isn't the only one out there
> that knows how to develop and OS for a computer.

	FreeBSD is a UNIX type system. Dos is based off of another OS
that is based off of UNIX. Unix runs almost all the most important
computers in the world. It's VERY powerful. FreeBSD is an entire
operating system in itself. Windows 95 software is not compatible with
FreeBSD because of this. FreeBSD -stable branch makes Win95 look as
stable as Key West during a hurricane. So, if you're ready to willing to
read the handbook, and the help files, and are willing to learn what
REALLY makes the world go around....:) Then I highly suggest you either
go to www.freebsd.org and follow the link that says installation
instructions, or go to www.cdrom.com and purcahse the FreeBSD 2.2.8 CDROM
set and book.

						Rick