Date:      Fri, 14 Mar 2003 13:33:22 -0800
From:      Steve Sizemore <steve@ls.berkeley.edu>
To:        Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NFS file unlocking problem

--ikeVEW9yuYc//A+q

On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 09:58:56AM -0600, Dan Nelson wrote:
> In the last episode (Mar 13), Steve Sizemore said:
> > Running RELENG_5_0 as nfs server with a Solaris 2.5 client. rpc.statd
> > and rpc.lockd both running on FreeBSD, lockd and statd both running
> > on Solaris. Locking a file (flock) works fine, but when an attempt to
> > unlock it is made, the client session hangs. The program is typically
> > (but not always) uninterruptible, and I have to kill the login
> > session.
>
> See if you can get a dump of the packets sent when the client hangs.

Thanks for the reply, Dan.

I have captured packets (tcpdump) between the hosts, and I'm enclosing
that as an attachment. I'm not facile enough with tcpdump to capture
only the significant packets, so I just got everything.

I've enclosed the dump as an attachment - physics is the FreeBSD
machine and cfpa11 is the Solaris box. Actually, in this case, the
program only locked the file, no unlock, and it hung anyway. (This
is different from before.)

Is this output helpful?

Thanks.
Steve