Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 2003 10:39:08 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        beemern@ksu.edu
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: linux/freebsd kernel differences

--2fHTh5uZTiUOsy+g

On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 09:15:47AM -0500, beemern@ksu.edu wrote:
>=20
> theres an argument here in our office about linux vs. freebsd
>=20
> we're building a new nfs server for our entire dept, and i suggested using
> fbsd, however, an opponent put forth linux and said that:

Linux NFS support is really crappy.  It's possible this might have
changed recently, but versions I have used do not support NFSv3 or TCP
mounts.  Even if this has changed recently, it can hardly be
considered mature, proven code.  I have also had terrible problems
with various RPC servers crashing or becoming unresponsive after a
period of use, requiring frustrating admin intervention on the server.

For your sanity and the sake of your users, just don't do it :)

Kris

--2fHTh5uZTiUOsy+g

--2fHTh5uZTiUOsy+g--