Date:      Tue, 28 Oct 2003 09:09:06 -0500
From:      Ken Smith <kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU>
To:        "Gabriel C. de Barros" <gabrielcbarros@uol.com.br>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: lack in the firewall chapter

On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 12:00:41PM -0200, Gabriel C. de Barros wrote:

> i've spend two days trying to set ipfw or ipf .. before i understant that i
> should lower my kernel security settings before messing with the rules.
>
> I think the handbook should mention that, at least in a footnote or
> something.
>
> It was hard to find the answer, but while searching for it, i realized it's
> a very common new-user mistake.

I have a couple of ipfw related PR's I need to work on, I can take
care of this as part of finishing those up.

Basically you're saying if you have raised the security level of the
kernel above 0 you can no longer change the ipfw rules.

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith@cse.buffalo.edu