Date:      Wed, 23 Jul 1997 13:57:46 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <tim@ppp6564.on.sympatico.ca>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>, pechter@lakewood.com, softweyr@xmission.com, freebsd-chat@hub.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FTC regulating use of registrations

On Wed, 23 Jul 1997, Jonathan M. Bresler wrote:

> 	"the right thing" is to raise the children to be a credit
> 	to their family and society.  if we cant agree on that,
> 	i'll drop out of the conversation.

How disrespectful to these children.  Their whole purpose is to live
for their family and society.  Using empirical evidence, I insist
that this is a great way to make many children truly resent their
parents.

Respect is so very important.

Your "right thing" works entirely counter to that.  The "right
thing" is to raise children who belong to God.  In lue of that, you
may settle for "realize their full potential" and other such
cliches, but _please_, not "bring credit to their family".

> 	my feelings about the abortion/contraception issue is
> 	"if you are not in the game, you cant make the rules."
>
> 	same with regard to discussing how to raise children.

Interesting.  With this you have just told the very children you are
trying to raise that they are not entitled to an opinion.  You
shut-off the most important feedback mechanism on your success.
It's unfortunate that my opinion means nothing to you simply because
of my age.

--
 tIM...HOEk
OPTIMIZATION: the process of using many one-letter variables names